Support Coordinators help NDIS participants to make the right choices in life
Support Coordinators play a very important role is assisting NDIS participants and their informal support networks to build skills in implementing choice and direction and to build resilience and capacity within their community.
Support Coordinators work with participants to:
- Explore the disability and mainstream support system
- Be informed about all available options
- Identify providers and services that will best meet individual needs/goals
- Assist participants or family members to coordinate and/or/build on existing services
- Strengthen informal or mainstream supports
- Enhance knowledge around and familiarity with NDIS processes
- Build confidence and capacity to implement and manager their NDIS plan
- Manage points of crisis should they arise
- Support participants through the NDIS review process.