Explore your musical goals at Work Life Connect, Cessnock!
At Mai-Wel’s Work Life Connect at Cessnock, Bruce has been taking part in the 1:1 music program to explore the world of music. As part of this program, Bruce has been learning how to play the acoustic guitar and has been loving every minute of it!
Each week, Bruce attends Work Life Connect in Cessnock to take part in a weekly hour session with Mai-Wel Creative Arts mentor, James. During these sessions, Bruce is able to explore his passion for music and work towards achieving his specific music goals of learning the acoustic guitar.
Mai-Wel’s1:1 music program at Work Life Connect can be catered to any individual’s musical goals, no matter how big or small.
The benefits of learning an instrument extend far beyond simply being able to impress friends and family with your musical talents! Learning the guitar is a great way to keep the mind active. It can even improve cognitive ability through memorising chord shapes, progressions and song structure.
On top of the mental benefits, there are also physical benefits to plucking at the strings. Playing the guitar keeps the muscles and joints in the arms, hands and fingers active and improves muscle memory.
Work Life Connect is currently offering a number of exciting music programs, including:
- Let’s Rock: Take part in a real life rock and roll band.
- Just for the Record: Learn all about the behind the scenes technology in a recording studio.
- The Sounds of Music: A behind the scenes view of real life music gigs and all things that make live music happen.
- Hip Hop Crew: Create modern beats and your own hip hop tracks.
- Electronic Dance Music: Make music that gets people up and dancing!
- Drum Roll Please: Learn all things rhythm and beat-keeping in this drum group.
If you would like to take part in a 1:1 music program at Work Life Connect, or one of our other exciting programs, contact us on (02) 4015 8970 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like more information, visit the Work Life Connect page on this website.