Mai-Wel Enterprises is an Australian Disability Enterprise providing supported employment opportunities for people with disability.
In 2019/20, Mai-Wel Enterprises provided supported employment opportunities to 104 people with disability.
Supported employees have the opportunity to learn new skills across jobs like;
- timber manufacturing,
- light engineering,
- paper and cardboard shredding,
- product packaging and assembly,
- rag cutting, and
- confidential document destruction.
There are several ways that an individual may seek supported employment with Mai-Wel. The person interested may;
- call Mai-Wel on (02) 4057 2900, or
- be referred by Centrelink or Placement Employment agencies. Individuals must be endorsed by Centrelink prior to placement with the service.